Yoga that literally means ‘union’ is a physical, mental and spiritual discipline that has its roots in India. Though Yoga originated several centuries back, yet it has found a massive fan following in the modern world. Yoga not only helps in bettering the physical health but also goes a long way in promoting excellent mental health, and offers the soul connect too!
There are several branches of Yoga. The different branches may practice different ideologies but the basis of every branch remains the same; that is to enforce Prana (life force) in body and mind. Breathing techniques have a huge role to play in Yoga.
The key benefits of Yoga are:
- Helps with flexibility
- Helps with right postures
- Enhances blood flow
- Betters muscle health
- Keeps the blood pressure in check
- Betters immunity
- Helps with healthier skin
- Regulates the adrenal glands
- Keeps pulmonary disorders at bay
- Helps with better concentration levels
- Helps with improved nervous system and sleep
- Prevents IBS and other digestion related issues
- Help with strong physical and mental well being
- Keeps sinus related issues and allergies at bay
- Makes happy
It is but obvious that Yoga helps in the betterment of mind and body, in every respect. The breathing techniques and the requisite postures not only help to keep the diseases at bay but also offer a more fulfilling life. Yoga helps even in some of the cases wherein drugs have not been able to produce requisite effects. Those who practice yoga along with right eating habits not only face negligible health issues but also look younger and feel far energetic than others.