Maintaining excellent oral health is extremely important facet of being healthy. Several times we tend to overlook this factor that results in either swollen gums or infected teeth. Almost everybody follow a routine of brushing their teeth first thing in the morning. Yet even after following the routine carefully, one still might need visiting the dentist. That is probably because we do not follow the do’s and don’ts here.
Given below are few tips that would help you with better dental health.
- Brushing your teeth at least twice a day: You should always brush your teeth just before retiring to bed. Missing out on this may prove to be costly for you. The food particles stuck in and around teeth become a hotbed of cavities over a period of time, leading to dental problems. Make sure to keep your teeth squeaky clean before you go to sleep.
- Brushing teeth in the morning: Although the majority of people brush their teeth first thing in the morning, yet there are several others who brush after the breakfast. Whichever time suits you, do not miss out on your morning brushing schedule.
- Choose the right toothpaste: Generally all over the world dentists swear by flouride toothpaste, but you can choose others too. Choose your toothpaste carefully and keep a track of how well it suits you.
- Use the right kind of toothbrush: Your toothbrush should not be hard to damage the gums and the teeth enamels. Nor should it be excessively soft that is ineffective in removing the plaque. Do not pick about just any toothbrush. Your toothbrush should be able to clean the teeth perfectly without harming gums or enamel.
- Use floss to clean in between the teeth areas.
- Avoid sugary and sticky food. Foods that are sticky or sugary wreak havoc on teeth and gums. This is because they stick on the teeth and form cavities. So just in case you happen to consume any sugary food any time of the day, make sure to brush your teeth afterwards.